Saturday, October 12, 2013

Is this Bitch on Belviq?

The short answer is "Hell Ya." Day three to be exact.
I made the decision to "Belviq Myself," last week after failed diet attempt number 847,926. I may be exaggerating... The number is probably closer to a million. Why did I decided to take a pill that affects my brain and has limited case studies? Well, honestly because I have little will power when it comes to food. I've struggled with this for-eva. I grew up in a family that glorified food like Jesus himself; my parents studied French cooking and we loved us some Julia Child (aka very rich calorie dense foods). My parents didn't spend much time with me, but when they did it was around the dinner table. I grew to associate food with love and comfort. So I became fat.  Food was made of feelings and we all know how that scenario usually plays out.... Girl eats to comfort herself when picked on at school ( You should know I was quite a plump child and had a mild Caucasian afro and wore shirts depicting either metal bands or broadway musicals and and and and and... the list goes on). Basically the ratio was
me : food as bullies : me.
 As this story goes---that shit went on until high school when I became a skinny sexy mofo, but still shy and insecure. All the sudden the boys who relentlessly tormented me wanted to take me out on a date and the girls who teased me (or in one case beat the crap out of me with a My Little Pony lunch box) invited me to parties... Like nothing happened. It's amazing how losing 40 lbs can transform other peoples views about you! You'll be pleased to know that I told these losers where they could stick it. I'm mean seriously!?! Like I'm going to befriend someone who tortured me so badly that I ate my lunch in the bathroom! GAW. I met my now husband in high school and we have been together ever since ( well there was that time we took a break, but whatever).
 This leads me to now. Two kids and a big fat mortgage later, I'm back to my old flabby self. It's totally nobody's fault but my own- I know better to not comfort myself with food. I'm no longer a child, but I do it anyhow. My husband has become a stress ball of yelling and pointed fingers, so I show him who's boss by eating all the secret ice cream. I homeschool two boys who make water and oil look like BFF's so I go to the teachers lounge (a.k.a. the bathroom) and eat the secret frozen Girl Scout cookies. Ok ok I hide food in the freezer! Don't judge me lol! I've tried writing down all the food I eat in a journal and typically do well during the daytime, but by 6:00 I'm a cluster**** and fridge doesn't stand a chance. When I heard about Belviq, I was delighted to hear it didn't contain Phen-Phen. That stuff makes me a bitch on wheels. The side effects of Belviq so far are manageable, some are even awesome! I am hopeful that with Belviq I will no longer eat my feelings or hide from society. I long for people to see past my exterior to the awesome person  I think I am.  So far, Belviq is giving me the will power to change three decades of bad habits.   I will update y'all with those side effects tomorrow and maybe weigh myself. We'll see.



Glum Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment